Travel documents, visa, and entry to Tanzania
- You should make sure that all your travel documents are in place.
- Thus, among other things, the validity of your passport for international travel should not expire six months after the moment of entering the territory of Tanzania. There will be at least two blank pages for the visa and stamps. You should also get a visa for entering Tanzania. Online application through the website of the Tanzania Immigration Department is the most convenient and fastest way to do that.
- Though we will share some visa-related tips please do not consider our recommendations to be the ultimate and comprehensive advice. The information about visas and other entry requirements for visiting Tanzania published on our website is for general knowledge only, and though we try to keep it accurate and up-to-date, we recommend contacting the Embassy of the United Republic of Tanzania for getting the latest updates. No information published on our website about visas, vaccinations, or other entry requirements should be viewed as a warranty or representation.
- You are also responsible for bearing all visa and other entry-related costs
- We shall not be liable if, in a highly unlikely event, you are denied entry to Tanzania or any other country on the way to Tanzania for whatever reason. You also agree that if you fail to enter the country for whatever reason, no refunds will be made and it will not be possible to reschedule your tour, because we will have all the park fees prepaid and other expenses incurred by the time of your arrival.
- Accommodation in hotels
- Our prices for the open group departures include accommodation on a sharing basis in double or twin rooms with your fellow traveler. If you travel alone, we will match you with a same-sex traveler to share a room. If you want to stay in your room alone, please inform our managers at the time of booking. Extra charges for single supplements apply.
- Accommodation type and setup for our private adventures are agreed upon by our consultants individually.
- Our safari and Kilimanjaro climbing tours include hotel accommodation described in the respective travel packages on our website. In some cases, however, those hotels may be fully booked. We will notify you and suggest an alternative hotel before confirming your tour and accepting payment.
Tented accommodation on Mount Kilimanjaro
- Our Kilimanjaro climbing packages include tented accommodation on a sharing basis (2 travelers per tent). You will share a tent with your fellow traveler. If you travel alone, we will match you with a same-sex traveler to share a tent.
- If you want to stay in a tent alone, please inform our managers at the time of booking. Extra charges for single supplements apply. Please note that single tented accommodation on the Marangu route of Mt Kilimanjaro and Mt Meru is not possible because of the park regulations.
Fitness and Medical information
It is your own responsibility to work out whether you’re physically fit for a Kilimanjaro climb or a wildlife adventure and assess your health conditions. Upon your request, our consultants may advise you on this matter. At an equivalent time, we recommend seeking a professional medical opinion if you’re unsure.
We can also ask you to supply certain medical information and to finish our medical form. If you’ve got any pre-existing medical condition that will have an impression on your ability to go to mountainous or remote regions of Tanzania, putting yourself and/or other tour participants in peril, we may ask you to possess the shape signed by a licensed medical man.
Failure to supply the medical form and having it signed by a licensed medical man may end in the cancellation of your tour with applicable cancellation fees, as shown within the cancellation clause of those Terms and Conditions.
We may decline your request to require part in our tours if, in our sole opinion, your medical condition renders you unfit for participation, i.e. you’ve got certain physical or mental disorders or illnesses that put you and/or other participants in peril.
All medical information provided to us is going to be treated in accordance with the “Treatment of your personal information” clause of those Terms and Conditions.
We may cancel your participation in our tours without any refunds in the following situations:
- If we discover that the medical information provided to us is false, inaccurate, or incomplete.
- If, while taking part in our tour, your medical condition deteriorates to the extent that it puts yourself and/or other tour participants in danger.
You will need to cover any costs relating to the cancellation.
f you’ve got any special medical or dietary requirements, it’s your responsibility to tell us 30 days before your scheduled arrival in Tanzania. On our side, we shall spare no effort in trying to form sure that your special requirements are taken care of. Thus, for those following a special diet, we offer vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and halal meal plans. Yet, you agree that we shall not be responsible for any failure to attend to the other special needs. No refunds are going to be issued in such a case.
You also agree that you simply are sufficiently informed that some facilities and services, to which you’ll be accustomed in your country, maybe currently unavailable or inaccessible in Tanzania
Having travel insurance is mandatory for participation in our trips. We may disqualify you from taking part in our adventure without any refunds if you do not have a proper insurance package.
Remember that insurance is not generally included in our travel packages (except premium Kilimanjaro climbing packages). This service is available as an extra add-on.
Such insurance should cover emergency medical expenses for any personal injury, evacuation and repatriation, cancellation and curtailment, and other reasonable expenses.
If you are climbing Mt Kilimanjaro, your insurance package should cover high-altitude trekking (up to 6,000 m/ 19858 f) and helicopter evacuation.
You should also confirm that your insurance package provides sufficient coverage against all other relevant risks. it’s also your responsibility to stay your insurance provider sufficiently informed of your travel plans and therefore the nature of hazards and risks involved.
If any insurance case happens, it’ll be your responsibility to tell your insurance provider and to suits all procedures concerning indemnification/reimbursement. We shall provide reasonable assistance, but shall not be liable for any positive outcome of the claim whatsoever.
Remember that we offer general, non-medical advice about vaccinations and immunizations, which are required or recommended for your visit to the United Republic of Tanzania.
You should seek professional advice from a practicing, licensed physician to work out whether any specific medical measures are necessary for your visit to Tanzania
Authority of our guides
It is important and mandatory to follow all safety instructions and rules of our guides. A chief guide’s decision on all expedition arrangements, team management, itinerary, objectives, and the other expedition-related matters while on the Kilimanjaro trek are going to be final.
If within the opinion of our chief guide, your fitness or certain actions could also be reasonably harmful or dangerous to yourself or other tour participants, the chief guide may decide that you simply should descend (his assistant and a few porters are going to be helping you on the way).
You accept all risk of adventure visit East Africa
You understand that your adventures with us may involve visiting remote areas (National Parks, rural regions, etc.), where the standards of medical assistance could also be different from those available in your home country or even unavailable in the least.
In addition, thereto, you furthermore may acknowledge that some adventures offered by us may involve certain risks (for example wildlife, high-altitude, etc.) to your health and safety. You agree that you simply have carefully evaluated all of these risks and assume full responsibility for them.
You release us from all claims and causes of action, which can arise from any losses, damages, injuries, or death that can be the results of the risks inherent to your travels in Tanzania.
Your liability for damaged or destroyed property
We will charge you if you willfully destroy or damage our property, for instance, our Kilimanjaro tents, safari vehicles, personal expedition gear that you simply may hire from us, hotel furniture, items, and appliances, and so on.
Any indemnification for damage or destruction should be settled in Tanzania, before your departure to the house country.
Our liability for accommodation providers and schedule carriers
Some parts of your tour are going to be subcontracted to the accommodation providers and native schedule carriers.
Though we are highly selective in choosing our partners, we will not control their performance, which makes us unable to assume responsibility for your experience with them. additionally, you ought to remember that while you’ll be staying within the hotels and lodges, it’s their terms and conditions that apply. Conditions of Carriage and applicable aviation conventions will govern your relationship with the airlines.
Because of that, we’ll not be assuming responsibility for any claims arising out of the performance of any parties aside from our company and our employees.
Money for normal travel expenses
You acknowledge that you simply should have an inexpensive amount of cash with you to hide incidental and regular travel expenses (souvenirs, tips, meals if not included, alcohol drinks, etc.). We shall not be liable for your failure to hide any expenses of that nature for whatever reason.
Equipment and gear for Kilimanjaro climbs
- Though all group camping equipment is included in our Kilimanjaro packages, your personal outfit (mostly clothes for climbing) is not. Thus, you should bring all the personal gear for your Kilimanjaro adventure. Our consultants will let you know what you will need for the expedition.
- If you do not have certain gear, you may hire everything necessary from us. All equipment is new (we renew our stock every six months). However, remember that personal gear hire is not included in your tour price and extra fees apply.
- Before the start of your Mt Kilimanjaro or Mt Meru climbing tour, our wildlife consultant may ask you to provide your personal equipment for inspection.
Your luggage and valuables
We shall not be liable for any luggage lost, destroyed, or delayed by the airliner or any transportation provider aside from our company.
If you bought a Kilimanjaro climbing tour with us and your luggage is lost or delayed and you had your climbing gear there, we shall provide you with everything from our hiring shop freed from charge. Please be mindful that we shall provide freed from charge only those items that you simply had in your luggage. people who you probably did not have would be provided at a daily cost.
In addition, neither are we liable for being in-tuned with the airliner checking the status of your lost/delayed luggage nor are we liable for transporting it to the hotel after it arrives. If your luggage arrives later than you, you’ll get to pay a luggage delivery fee for transporting the bags from Kilimanjaro International Airport to the hotel.
You are liable for keeping your valuables, like money, gadgets, jewelry, and other personal possessions or luggage while participating in our tours. We shall not be liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged property.
You may ask our managers to simply accept your valuables, personal possessions, or luggage for safekeeping. In such a case, we’ll lock them in our company safe, which is under constant video surveillance and alarm. we’ll assume full responsibility for your property entrusted to our care.
Images and Marketing
You understand that we agree that our employees and other tour participants may take photos, videos, and other media images during our tours. These photos and videos may have your image. By participating in our adventures you agree that we and our partners may use this media material for marketing, promotion, and advertising with no royalty and other payments to you. Please inform our staff if you are doing not want your image to be captured with any photo or video cameras.
We shall not be responsible for anything which will happen due to act of God, which incorporates, but isn’t limited to natural cataclysms, war or military operations, breakdowns of the mechanical facilities, fire, vehicles or electrical appliances, civil disturbances, labor strikes, actions of the govt authorities, political unrest, insurrections and mutinies, extreme weather and other calamities and situations beyond our reasonable control and which we couldn’t foresee.
The laws of Tanzania shall apply
The laws of the United Republic of Tanzania shall apply in case of any disputes.