Flexibility for your travel plans
Book with confidence. If things change, so can you can reschedule your travel plan.
Our fully flexible booking policy
Our flexible booking policy gives you the freedom to book with East Africa Travel Company and change it later if you need to, without any admin charges.
When you book any travel or holiday to travel before 30th April 2022, you’re free to change your dates as often as you like. You can even choose a different one.
Terms and Conditions 30th April 2022,
Terms and Conditions Service for East Africa Travel Company we accept bookings subject by considers the terms and conditions outlined herein.
The Terms, Conditions,
Who we are
We are an East Africa Travel Company incorporated within the United Republic of Tanzania
Certificate of Incorporation: No.205457
Tax Identification Number: 114-099-996
Value Added Tax Payer registration number: 114-099-996
Registered address: HAI – Kilimanjaro. The United Republic of Tanzania.
When the terms and conditions apply?
These terms and Conditions shall govern the connection between Client and East Africa Travel Company; further- “the Company”) and apply within the following situations:
When you book a visit directly with us;
When you book a visit through our partners acting as our sales representatives;
When booking a visit with us directly or through one among our partners, which include various travel agencies and marketplaces, each side automatically complies with be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Please note that these Terms and Conditions stipulate the rights and responsibilities that you simply have while booking and participating in our tours in Tanzania.
Our warranties and representations
We warrant and represent that:
- We have all the required licenses and permits to arrange and run Kilimanjaro climbing expeditions and wildlife safaris within the United Republic of Tanzania;
- We possess relevant expertise and knowledge and have taken care of the travel arrangements for over 10,000 visitors of Tanzania so far;
- All our Kilimanjaro guides, wildlife safari driver guides, and consultants have professional training in their respective fields.
- All information that we use in marketing and advertising is true and proper. We don’t exaggerate or misrepresent anything within the description of our products.
- We are a tour operator, not an agency. No part of our adventures is handled by third parties with the exception of accommodation in certain hotels, which don’t belong to our company, and domestic and international aviation services.
- We also warrant and represent that your trip with East Africa Travel Company will positively impact the developing communities of Tanzania.
Thus, not only are the salaries that we pay to our local employees above the market average but we also actively support community development projects in Tanzania.
These include Treasures of Africa Orphanage, Upendo Face Orphanage Foundation in Moshi and wildlife veterinary and rehabilitation center Kilimanjaro Animal C.R.E.W, Serengeti De-Snaring Project of the Frankfurt Zoological Society.
We are environmentally friendly and have strict “leave-no-trace” protocols to cultivate sustainable tourism in Tanzania and preserve its natural heritage for future generations.
Treatment of your personal information
We shall require certain personal information to require care of your expedition arrangements. Such information includes your full name, age, nationality, passport information, diet, and medical particulars.
Parts of this information are going to be made available to the administration of the Tanzania wildlife areas for the processing of entry permits and to the accommodation providers to form your stay comfortable.
Communications and correspondence
To avoid travel scams, make sure that all and any communications with us are administered through the subsequent channels:
- Email: all emails in @eastafricatravelcompany domain zone
- Phone and WhatsApp: all phone numbers published on the East Africa Travel Company website
- Other means of communication: online chat on our website
If you think that somebody you’re in-tuned with isn’t a legitimate representative of East Africa Travel Company, please contact our founder Lewison at email@example.com
Booking and payment process
The booking process begins together with your email or calls our offices. a private travel consultant, whose responsibilities encompass all communications with you also like planning and arranging all of the small print of your tour, are going to be designated. Once all of the small print is prescribed, an invoice is going to be issued enabling you to form a deposit confirming your booking.
Your adventure is going to be deemed confirmed once a deposit payment reaches our account, of which our designated travel consultant will inform you immediately. counting on the sort of your tour, the deadline for the deposit payment is going to be set by our consultant.
Full payment for your tour must be made 14 days before the scheduled commencement date unless otherwise agreed with our consultant in writing. In any case, all of our travel packages should be fully prepaid.
Timely payments are essential, as these funds are going to be wont to cover hotel reservations and other tour-related expenses, which – successively – tend to be fully prepaid in Tanzania. Failure to form timely payments without prior notification of – or arrangements with – our Company may end in our canceling your booking.
Any deposit made could also be forfeited consistent with our cancellation policies.
Please note that each transaction-related charge applicable to your payments must be covered by you. All banking commissions for both sender and receiver must be covered by you when using wire transfers. A 3.5 – 5% surcharge shall be applicable to all or any Mastercard payments.
If the deposit and final payments made to our accounts are for any reason incomplete, we shall charge you for the missing amount upon your arrival in Tanzania.
Participation of minors
- One must be of legal age (18 years or older) to book a wildlife adventure with Altezza Travel. Bookings for minors (those who have not attained that age) can only be made by their parents, guardians, or legal custodians. Those making the bookings for minors accept these Terms and Conditions on their behalf, including the assumption of risk and limitations of our liability.
- Minors must be accompanied and supervised by an adult Client at all times. The Client shall be responsible for the Minor’s conduct and carry the liability for any damage that may result from said conduct. Though extra attention is always paid to children traveling with us, the Company provides neither child care nor chaperoning services.
- All bookings made on behalf of a minor are subject to our approval. The accompanying adult will be solely responsible for securing the permits, approvals, and meeting other legal requirements that may be needed for a minor to travel to Tanzania. We shall not be liable for the failure to comply with any requirements that may prevent the minor’s entry into Tanzania.
Third-party bookings (tour leaders, travel agencies, and other travel professionals)
If you are a tour leader/travel agent/etc., making a booking on behalf of others, you will be deemed the contact person for every tour participant. In such a case, you will be responsible for:
- Informing the other tour participants of these Terms and Conditions. If you consent to them, we will assume that you have secured the express consent of all tour participants to these Terms and Conditions and to the inclusions and exclusions of the tour package;
- Completing the payments timely and accurately;
- Passing all relevant information to the tour participants in a comprehensive and timely manner. If there are any agreed changes with regard to the dates or itinerary, you will be responsible for informing the tour participants and securing their consent;
- Providing correct and accurate information about the tour participants in a comprehensive and timely manner. It is your responsibility to collect such information and ensure its correctness and accuracy. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any errors and omissions in such information.
If you can not accept responsibility for the above-said, then every member of the group should communicate and book with us individually.
- Once we confirm your booking, the price will not be changed, except for the unlikely case of the government of Tanzania increasing park fees, taxes, or other tourism-related payments. In such a case, a copy of the relevant public notice shall be made available to you immediately. Two options shall be available to you in case of the price increase:
- To cancel your tour and receive a refund in accordance with our cancellation policies;
- To agree to the change of price and pay the difference to us;
Changes to the itinerary
Changes by the Client
- Any changes you make to your itinerary will be made free of charge if they do not result in extra costs for us. Any such costs must be covered by the Client.
- If you decide to discontinue our tour after it stated, either voluntarily or involuntarily, you will be liable to cover any extra costs caused by your decision to leave the trip. Such costs may include but are not limited to covering transportation and accommodation expenses.
- If you miss any tour service, sightseeing or meal, or fail to use any other service acting on your own account, no refund will be provided.
Changes by the Company
- While we do our best to ensure that your tour goes as planned, situations may arise (e.g. parts of the planned route becoming inaccessible due to poor weather conditions) requiring us to change your itinerary. Though rare, such cases are not to be ruled out and we shall endeavor to inform you of them promptly.
Changes because of third parties
- The Company shall not be liable for any delay, disruption, damage, or loss outside of our reasonable control. These may include – but are not limited to – third-party actions, flight delays, and any events of a force majeure nature.
- You or your insurance company will be liable to cover any expenses, such as extra accommodation and transportation expenses, caused by such change or disruption.
Cancellation by the Client:
- If you decide to cancel your travel arrangements with us, the following cancellation fees shall apply:
- 90% refund of your deposit if you cancel at least 90 days before the departure date;
- 70% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before the departure date;
- 50% refund if you cancel at least 30 days before the departure date;
- No refund if the booking is canceled less than 7 days before arrival.
In all cases of cancellations, you will also need to cover our non-refundable and/or partially refundable expenses, such as hotel reservations or domestic air tickets. Before issuing a refund, we will deduct those expenses and the costs of fund transfer (banking commissions and credit card surcharges) from the payments that you made to us.
No refunds will be made for all cancellations made in 7 or fewer days prior to the scheduled travel dates.
If, after making the booking and paying the deposit or the full payment, you are unable to travel due to the government-imposed travel restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic (“lock-downs”) we will return the payment made to us according to the cancellation terms above.
Cancellation by us:
- In the unlikely event of us canceling your tour for any reason, a 100% refund of any payments already made by you to us shall follow.
Travel documents, visa, and entry to Tanzania
- You should make sure that all your travel documents are in place.
- Thus, among other things, the validity of your passport for international travel should not expire in six months after the moment of entering the territory of Tanzania. There will be at least two blank pages for the visa and stamps. You should also get a visa for entering Tanzania. Online application through the website of the Tanzania Immigration Department is the most convenient and fastest way to do that.
- Though we will share some visa-related tips please do not consider our recommendations to be the ultimate and comprehensive advice. The information about visas and other entry requirements for visiting Tanzania published on our website is for general knowledge only, and though we try to keep it accurate and up-to-date, we recommend contacting the Embassy of the United Republic of Tanzania for getting the latest updates. No information published on our website about visas, vaccinations, or other entry requirements should be viewed as a warranty or representation.
- You are also responsible for bearing all visa and other entry-related costs
- We shall not be liable if, in a highly unlikely event, you are denied entry to Tanzania or any other country on the way to Tanzania for whatever reason. You also agree that if you fail to enter the country for whatever reason, no refunds will be made and it will not be possible to reschedule your tour, because we will have all the park fees prepaid and other expenses incurred by the time of your arrival.
- Accommodation in hotels
- Our prices for the open group departures include accommodation on a sharing basis in double or twin rooms with your fellow traveler. If you travel alone, we will match you with a same-sex traveler to share a room. If you want to stay in your room alone, please inform our managers at the time of booking. Extra charges for single supplements apply.
- Accommodation type and setup for our private adventures are agreed with by our consultants individually.
- Our safari and Kilimanjaro climbing tours include hotel accommodation described in the respective travel packages on our website. In some cases, however, those hotels may be fully booked. We will notify you and suggest an alternative hotel before confirming your tour and accepting payment.
Tented accommodation on Mount Kilimanjaro
- Our Kilimanjaro climbing packages include tented accommodation on a sharing basis (2 travelers per tent). You will share a tent with your fellow traveler. If you travel alone, we will match you with a same-sex traveler to share a tent.
- If you want to stay in a tent alone, please inform our managers at the time of booking. Extra charges for single supplements apply. Please note that single tented accommodation on the Marangu route of Mt Kilimanjaro and Mt Meru is not possible because of the park regulations.
Fitness and Medical information
It is your own responsibility to work out whether you’re physically fit a Kilimanjaro climb or a wildlife adventure and assess your health conditions. Upon your request, our consultants may advise you on this matter. At an equivalent time, we recommend seeking a professional medical opinion if you’re unsure.
We can also ask you to supply certain medical information and to finish our medical form. If you’ve got any pre-existing medical condition that will have an impression on your ability to go to mountainous or remote regions of Tanzania, putting yourself and/or other tour participants in peril, we may ask you to possess the shape signed by a licensed medical man.
Failure to supply the medical form and having it signed by a licensed medical man may end in the cancellation of your tour with applicable cancellation fees, as shown within the cancellation clause of those Terms and Conditions.
We may decline your request to require part in our tours if, in our sole opinion, your medical condition renders you unfit for participation, i.e. you’ve got certain physical or mental disorders or illnesses that put you and/or other participants in peril.
All medical information provided to us is going to be treated in accordance with the “Treatment of your personal information” clause of those Terms and Conditions.
We may cancel your participation in our tours without any refunds in the following situations:
- If we discover that the medical information provided to us is false, inaccurate, or incomplete.
- If, while taking part in our tour, your medical condition deteriorates to the extent that it puts yourself and/or other tour participants in danger.
You will need to cover any costs relating to the cancellation.
f you’ve got any special medical or dietary requirements, it’s your responsibility to tell us in 30 days before your scheduled arrival in Tanzania. On our side, we shall spare no effort in trying to form sure that your special requirements are taken care of. Thus, for those following a special diet, we offer vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and halal meal plans. Yet, you agree that we shall not be responsible for any failure to attend to the other special needs. No refunds are going to be issued in such a case.
You also agree that you simply are sufficiently informed that some facilities and services, to which you’ll be accustomed in your country, maybe currently unavailable or inaccessible in Tanzania
Having travel insurance is mandatory for participation in our trips. We may disqualify you from taking part in our adventure without any refunds if you do not have a proper insurance package.
Remember that insurance is not generally included in our travel packages (except premium Kilimanjaro climbing packages). This service is available as an extra add-on.
Such insurance should cover emergency medical expenses for any personal injury, evacuation and repatriation, cancellation and curtailment, and other reasonable expenses.
If you are climbing Mt Kilimanjaro, your insurance package should cover high-altitude trekking (up to 6,000 m/ 19858 f) and helicopter evacuation.
You should also confirm that your insurance package provides sufficient coverage against all other relevant risks. it’s also your responsibility to stay your insurance provider sufficiently informed of your travel plans and therefore the nature of hazards and risks involved.
If any insurance case happens, it’ll be your responsibility to tell your insurance provider and to suits all procedures concerning indemnification/reimbursement. We shall provide reasonable assistance, but shall not be liable for any positive outcome of the claim whatsoever.
Remember that we offer general, non-medical advice about vaccinations and immunizations, which are required or recommended for your visit to the United Republic of Tanzania.
You should seek professional advice from a practicing, licensed physician to work out whether any specific medical measures are necessary for your visit to Tanzania
Authority of our guides
It is important and mandatory to follow all safety instructions and rules of our guides. A chief guide’s decision on all expedition arrangements, team management, itinerary, objectives, and the other expedition-related matters while on the Kilimanjaro trek are going to be final.
If within the opinion of our chief guide, your fitness or certain actions could also be reasonably harmful or dangerous to yourself or other tour participants, the chief guide may decide that you simply should descend (his assistant and a few porters are going to be helping you on the way).
You accept all risk of adventure visit East Africa
You understand that your adventures with us may involve visiting remote areas (National Parks, rural regions, etc.), where the standards of medical assistance could also be different from those available in your home country or even unavailable in the least.
In addition, thereto, you furthermore may acknowledge that some adventures offered by us may involve certain risks (for example wildlife, high-altitude, etc.) to your health and safety. You agree that you simply have carefully evaluated all of these risks and assume full responsibility for them.
You release us from all claims and causes of action, which can arise from any losses, damages, injuries, or death which can be the results of the risks inherent to your travels in Tanzania.
Your liability for damaged or destroyed property
We will charge you if you willfully destroy or damage our property, for instance, our Kilimanjaro tents, safari vehicles, personal expeditions gear that you simply may hire from us, hotel furniture, items, and appliances, and so on.
Any indemnification for damage or destruction should be settled in Tanzania, before your departure to the house country.
Our liability for accommodation providers and schedule carriers
Some parts of your tour are going to be subcontracted to the accommodation providers and native schedule carriers.
Though we are highly selective in choosing our partners, we will not control their performance, which makes us unable to assume responsibility for your experience with them. additionally, you ought to remember that while you’ll be staying within the hotels and lodges, it’s their terms and conditions that apply. Conditions of Carriage and applicable aviation conventions will govern your relationship with the airlines.
Because of that, we’ll not be assuming responsibility for any claims arising out of the performance of any parties aside from our company and our employees.
Money for normal travel expenses
You acknowledge that you simply should have an inexpensive amount of cash with you to hide incidental and regular travel expenses (souvenirs, tips, meals if not included, alcohol drinks, etc.). We shall not be liable for your failure to hide any expenses of that nature for whatever reason.
Equipment and gear for Kilimanjaro climbs
- Though all group camping equipment is included in our Kilimanjaro packages, your personal outfit (mostly clothes for climbing) is not. Thus, you should bring all the personal gear for your Kilimanjaro adventure. Our consultants will let you know what you will need for the expedition.
- If you do not have certain gear, you may hire everything necessary from us. All equipment is new (we renew our stock every six months). However, remember that personal gear hire is not included in your tour price and extra fees apply.
- Before the start of your Mt Kilimanjaro or Mt Meru climbing tour, our wildlife consultant may ask you to provide your personal equipment for inspection.
Your luggage and valuables
We shall not be liable for any luggage lost, destroyed, or delayed by the airliner or any transportation provider aside from our company.
If you bought a Kilimanjaro climbing tour with us and your luggage is lost or delayed and you had your climbing gear there, we shall provide you with everything from our hiring shop freed from charge. Please be mindful that we shall provide freed from charge only those items that you simply had in your luggage. people who you probably did not have would be provided at a daily cost.
In addition, neither are we liable for being in-tuned with the airliner checking the status of your lost/delayed luggage nor are we liable for transporting it to the hotel after it arrives. If your luggage arrives later than you, you’ll get to pay a luggage delivery fee for transporting the bags from Kilimanjaro International Airport to the hotel.
You are liable for keeping your valuables, like money, gadgets, jewelry, and other personal possessions or luggage while participating in our tours. We shall not be liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged property.
You may ask our managers to simply accept your valuables, personal possessions, or luggage for safekeeping. In such a case, we’ll lock them in our company safe, which is under constant video surveillance and alarm. we’ll assume full responsibility for your property entrusted into our care.
Images and Marketing
You understand that we agree that our employees and other tour participants may take photos, videos, and other media images during our tours. These photos and videos may have your image. By participating in our adventures you agree that we and our partners may use this media material for marketing, promotion, and advertising with no royalty and other payments to you. Please inform our staff if you are doing not want your image to be captured with any photo or video cameras.
We shall not be responsible for anything which will happen due to act of God, which incorporates, but isn’t limited to natural cataclysms, war or military operations, breakdowns of the mechanical facilities, fire, vehicles or electrical appliances, civil disturbances, labor strikes, actions of the govt authorities, political unrest, insurrections and mutinies, extreme weather and other calamities and situations beyond our reasonable control and which we couldn’t foresee.
The laws of Tanzania shall apply
The laws of the United Republic of Tanzania shall apply in case of any disputes.